fire.com – Java Developer
Open Banking, Payments, APIs and more.
What we do?
At fire.com (“Fire”) we help businesses access payment services and automate payment processes. With our technology, API and regulatory licences, we deliver solutions that make payments faster, more cost-effective and secure. Businesses may open as many sterling and euro accounts and issue as many debit cards as required. Our accounts support debit cards, bank transfers, direct debits, Open Banking, and FX. The Fire API enables our clients to automate their account, card and payment processes.
What is the role?
We are seeking a mid-level Java developer to join our team. This role is very different from a typical corporate’s where the work could be quite narrowly focused. Fire’s environment is start-up-like, which means that you will work across a vast technical landscape and will find plenty of engineering challenges and opportunities to learn.
You will have exposure to MasterCard payment applications, European SEPA and UK Faster Payments, customer-facing web and mobile applications and API, and SaaS integrations.
The role entails:
• Contribute to the low-level designs, write AWS SAM
• Develop high quality, secure, scalable backend services based on SOA, server less applications, microservices patterns
• Create and manage data architectures, develop database queries
• Write unit and integration tests – we do a lot of those(!)
• Contribute to the engineering process improvements
• Learn on the job and find solutions to challenges (we love a can-do attitude)
• Find better ways to do things, never accept ‘that’s just how it’s done’
What should you have?
• BSc/MSc degree or equivalent in Computer Science or related discipline
• Experience in the financial services domain
• Exposure to the AWS or Azure-based IaaS, PaaS, and SaaS offerings
• Experience with microservices patterns would be a plus
• Knowledge of API gateways, Tomcat, Maven, Jenkins, and other CI/CD tools
• Knowledge of OWASP
• Ability to articulate your reasoning and solutions to colleagues – practice the art of communication
• Must hold an EU passport or Stamp 4 visa
• Available for work from the office 3 days per week
Our selection process includes technical tests, competency-based technical interview, and team interviews. Understanding our business context can be helpful.
As a member of the fire.com team you will be contributing to the development of new and innovative fintech solutions – working with an experienced team, you will have the opportunity to make an impact.
You will be joining a fast-growing established fintech business with offices in Dublin and London. You will have the opportunity to learn, develop and make an impact. In addition to offering a competitive salary and commission scheme we will provide you with a great place to work, engage and take responsibility for delivering compelling financial services products. This is a hybrid role with part work from home and part office based.
Fire Financial Services Limited – trading as fire.com – is regulated by the Central Bank of Ireland as a Payment Institution (No: C58301) and Fire Financial Services Limited (fire-UK) is authorised as an Electronic Money Institution by the Financial Conduct Authority (No: 900983)
For more information on our privacy statement, please refer to https://www.fire.com/privacy-statement-candidates