Compliance, Risk & Oversight Officer
fire.com - Compliance, Risk & Oversight Officer (CROO)
Open Banking, Payments, APIs and more
What we do?
Fire helps businesses of all sizes with their accounts, debit cards and payments. With our great range of payment services, smart technology and regulatory licences, we deliver solutions that make managing accounts, debit cards and payments better.
Businesses may open as many sterling and euro accounts and issue as many debit cards needed. Our accounts support debit cards, bank transfers, direct debits, open banking and FX transfers. The Fire API enables our clients to automate their account, card and payment processes.
Fire.com (“the Group”) consists of our Irish company Fire-EU which is regulated by the Central Bank of Ireland as a Payment Institution, and Fire-UK, which has received authorisation as an E-Money Institution from the Financial Conduct Authority in the UK.
What is the role?
We are now seeking a Compliance, Risk & Oversight Officer (“CROO”) for our UK company (“Fire-UK”). Fire-UK service our UK customers and the CROO position will be a primary control function for the company.
We are seeking an individual with at least three years’ experience who is highly organised, knowledgeable, with excellent inter-personal skills to act as the Head of Compliance and hold responsibility as the Money Laundering Reporting Officer (“MLRO”). Working as a member of the Fire leadership team you will be responsible for implementing our compliance framework, ensuring all obligations are understood, and verifying that our operational model is in constant compliance. Additionally, you will be responsible for providing advisory support and providing training such as data protection, financial crime, complaints to other functions in the business and be a point of contact with relevant regulators and authorities; FCA, NCA, ICO and HMRC.
The role entails:
- Compliance - Responsible for identifying and implementing any required legislative or policy updates across regulatory, financial crime and data protection requirements and monitoring to verify that this is the case as MLRO as well as Data Protection Officer (“DPO”).
- Risk - Acting as the custodian of the Group’s Risk Register and leading the Risk & Control Team in proactively assessing, mitigating and reporting on risk items.
- Audit - Responsible for organising regular external audits.
- Oversight - Monitor the performance of group company outsourced functions in line with Intercompany Agreements.
- Governance - Produce MI and provide updates to Management, Audit & Risk Committee and the Board. Ensure all required reporting is completed in an accurate and timely fashion.
What should you have?
- Educated to degree level, ideally with an ICA, ACAMS or equivalent qualification.
- Be a suitable ‘fit and proper’ individual to be approved as an EMD individual (Approved Person).
- An excellent understanding of our product and the passion to be part of a scaling team.
- You'll need to be capable of producing quality outputs, have great attention to detail along with a real working knowledge of the UK payments legislation.
We are a scaling fintech business, with offices in Dublin and London. The role will involve travel to Dublin. We have 35 people in our team, working under a flexible arrangement which combines office and remote working. In addition to offering a competitive salary we will provide you with a great place to work, learn and take responsibility for delivering compelling financial services products
Fire Financial Services Limited – trading as fire.com – is regulated by the Central Bank of Ireland as a Payment Institution (No: C58301) and Fire Financial Services Limited (fire-UK) is authorised as an Electronic Money Institution by the Financial Conduct Authority (No: 900983)
For more information on our privacy statement, please refer to https://www.fire.com/privacy-statement-candidates